AASRA – The Adjuvant That Enhances Agro Sprays For Overall Growth of Crops!
Adjuvant are magical substances that make other agricultural boosting products more effective. These are the supporters that are used to enhance the efficiency of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and other agents that help in crop protection. Combined with adjuvant the chemical sprays used for crops become more potent and give good results. That is the reason, adjuvant are not themselves active for any particular action.
They just modify some properties of the spray solutions to improve the ability of the solution to penetrate, target or protect the target organism.
Adjuvant are made of the ingredients such as surfactants, emulsifiers, oils and salts. Each of these ingredients is responsible to improve spray properties as spreading, penetration, droplet size or other such characteristics.
The are two ways to use adjuvant is to include in a formulation with a pesticide or may be added separately to a tank.
- When they are included in the pesticide formulations themselves, they are called in-can adjuvants.
- If they are added separately when the spray solution is being prepared they are called tank mix adjuvant.
In-can adjuvant are particularly effective but due to space and compatibility restrictions all adjuvant cannot be added to the pesticide formulation. That is when tank mix adjuvant come in picture and help to do the required job.
Here, one thing must be noted that adjuvant, under any given circumstances, do not reduce the quantity of pesticide formulation to be used on the crops. The recommended use rates are always mentioned on the pesticide label and it is out of the agricultural regulations to use pesticides outside those recommended quantities. Agricultural spray adjuvant are used to enhance the performance of the legal amount of a pesticide that may be used. These adjuvant give more consistent performance and may make up for underperformance under certain conditions.
HPM India’s AASRA is one such adjuvant which is helping farmers to enhance the actions of the pesticides, herbicides and fungicides they are using for their crops.
- AASRA is a silicon based super spreader which helps the formulations to spread on crops evenly and consistently.
- It is a unique new generation spray booster and activator offering novel technology to farming community of India which enhances the performance of agrochemicals such as insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, plant growth regulators, fertilizers and micronutrients.
- The solution spreads quickly, and in turn facilitates quick spreading of agrochemicals on the leaf surfaces which leads to better spray coverage and improves the efficacy of the agrochemical used.
- When added to spray water tank, it lowers the tension of spray water on leaf surface and thus promotes the better spreading and penetration of agro product.
- It is compatible with most agrochemical formulations and can be used on a wide variety of crops.
- It has improved deposition of the agro product which enhances the coverage and retention on foliage ensuring the solution doesn’t wash off even after immediate rain.
- It is designed in such a way that it ensures proper wetting of leaf surface, which boosts the pesticide or agro product uptake and absorption by the plant.
- It ensures the proper penetration of the agrochemical product into the plant by reducing the droplet sizes of the spray.
- It is suggested to uses AASRA with agrochemicals at 0.025%-0.1% dose. General recommendation is 5 ml/ 15 litre of water.
To know more about AASRA and more such products, you can always write to us or get in touch with us directly. We are always eager to offer guidance, recommendations and suggestions regarding the effective uses of agro products that we are offering.