Agricluture + Profenofos = Moving Beyond The Crop Production!
Despite running many pro-growth and food security policies and programs for over a decade or two, India continues to make slow progress in achieving national hunger targets. The technological advancement in farming has given birth to “third wave of agricultural movement,” that relies heavily on technology and the ‘green revolution’. However, despite the running the Green Revolution and thereafter, the country is still fighting with hunger, malnutrition, and depleting farmer’s income.
A natural question is how do we go about?
Modern farming depends on pesticides and chemical fertilizers as solutions to preventing plant disease and massively increasing yields. When agriculture progresses, the farmer prospers. Effective & extensive implementation of insecticide like Profenofos 50 EC can improve the quality of life of farmers and economic productivity of their farms.
According to Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India, annual crop losses due to pests and diseases amount to Rs.50,000 Crore ($500 billion), that is an important number for a country like India where millions go to bed hungry every night. Using insecticide doesn’t mean that you are anti- organic. It means we are protecting what we have.
Let’s know the Profenofos insecticide uses on variety of crops.
Also, here is an insight on what is the recommended Profenofos 50 EC dosage, Profenofos mode of action and Profenofos 50 EC specification:
- Profenofoscan be used on a variety of crops including cotton and vegetables such as maize, potato, soybean, and sugar beet.
- It is non-systemic insecticideand acaricide with contact and stomach action.
- It is flammable, non-explosive and is combustible. So keep it in a well-ventilated, secure area out of reach of children and domestic animals.
- It is harmful to humans. Profenofos poisoning shows symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea, dripping nose and mouth, excessive salivation.
- It controls over all sucking pests and foliar feeding larvae.
- Take a small quantity of water in a container and dissolve required quantity of Profenofos 50 EC. Stir well, and spray on the crop.
In the perfect world, we may not need chemicals to grow our food, all conventional farming can be ‘chemical free’. But, that’s not the reality of the world we live in. We are the only one want to eat food; we compete with an intimidating list of insect pests, fungi, and bacteria that are looking for a free lunch. We are losing fight with these tiny creatures. Various studies have shown that how insecticides and fertilizers have produce the natural benefits of soil and environment to create produce with high level crops. If we remove any crop protection measures, including chemicals, the losses could be double.
We at HPM India are in the business of manufacturing of micronutrients, pesticides, and insecticides and other customized nutritional products for farming. When Indian agriculture is still grappling with challenges like high monsoon dependency, unpredictable weather patterns, reduction in arable land, low per hectare yield, increase in pest attacks, we have adopted crop protection chemicals, such as Profenofos 50 EC to ensure food and nutrition security of the nation.
We offer the farming community with advice to imbibe latest knowledge and technologies and thus empower themselves.