The Rise & Shine of Cotton Cultivation in India
Being the most important fibre crop not only in India but across the globe cotton is arguably top most used raw material to the textile industry.
Usually grown in the tropical & sub-tropical parts of the world as it requires a marginal high temperature for growth varying between 22°C to 30°C. As soon as the temperature starts falling below 20°C the downfall in the growth of cotton can be seen.
The basic water requirement of water can is average rainfall of 50-100 cm. With the best practices of irrigation it can also be grown in areas where the rainfall is not adequate. As of facts, the one-third of the cotton cultivation is being taken care by irrigation process only. About 80 percent of the irrigation is done in Punjab, Gujarat, Haryana & Rajasthan. The cotton plant becomes very susceptible to various pests & diseases
Cotton requires 6-8 months to get mature & because of various kind of atmospheric conditions it is being sown & harvested in different parts of country & different intervals. April-May it is being sown in Punjab & Haryana & is harvested in December –January so that before it might get attacked from the frost damage the cotton is harvested.
Types of Cotton that is being grown in India
Three broad types of cotton are seen in India depending upon their size, length, strength & structure
• Long staple cotton: It has the longest fibre whose length varies from 24 to 27 mm
• Medium staple cotton: The length of its fibre is between 20 mm and 24 mm
• Short staple cotton: This is inferior cotton with fibre less than 20 mm long
To save cotton from getting infected with various bugs & pests, HPM India has manufactured one of its ace product by the name of ACETOX which goes by the technical name of Acephate 75 SP.
Chemical Name – O,S-dimethyl acetylphosphoramidothioate
Molecular Formula – C4H10NO3PS
Molecular weight – 183.17
Solubility – Soluble in all organic solvents
Benefits of Acetox (Acephate 75 SP)
1. Being broad spectrum it affords control over all pests that infects Cotton plant & thus improves the quality of the cotton produced.
2. It has a quick knockdown action & it acts very rapidly fast.
3. It remains effective for longer duration the crops are protected for extended period of time.
4. Highly economical.
5. It kills pests like Bollworm & Jassids very effectively after the first application
6. It is not phytotoxic on any crops if used at recommended doses
We HPM India, the insecticides and pesticides manufacturer company, promote the landscape strategy that values both crop productivity and biodiversity! It’s absolutely possible for agriculture to use farmland to produce crops to help nourish a growing world while also using pesticides in such a way that it may reduce environmental impacts. HPM India’s overall goal is the creation of an environment where agriculture and pesticide manufacturing industry can complement each other while preserving natural habitat and nature’s wonders. We are one of the best to offer you professional advice and products such as Acephate 75 SP to deal with major challenges that loom large in the agriculture sector in India. Our experts provide information and techniques to farmers about pre and post harvest cases to acting as a medium to connect farmers with the consumers.